Daugavpils Olympic center has a unique salt room. The salt room’s temperature and humidity level is constant. The walls of the salt room are tiled with Iranian blue and red salt. The salt therapy is used to help respiratory system, chronic nasal colds, various allergies and skin problems. It helps to fight seasonal depression, psycho emotional strain and strengthens immune system.
The main feature of the blue salt - it has a strong presence of potassium. Blue salt contains about 20% of potassium. Potassium releases negative ions into the air and promotes current or electrical impulses from the brain to our nerve cells and vice versa.
Red salt contains up to 80-97% sodium chloride. The color of the salt is red due to the high content of iron in it. In contrast to the blue salt, red salt does not produce negative ions. However, it has a positive effect on the lungs, as it dries alveoli and pulls excess fluid from lungs and neutralizes bacteria, viruses and fungi.
• Before visiting the salt room you can drink a cup of tea.
• During the session, visitors spend 45 minutes in the salt room, sitting on the lounge chairs and breathing the ionized air. It is recommended to breathe in air through your nose and exhale through the mouth.
• Preventive treatment course - 10 times every day or every other day.
• Before visiting the salt room, consult your doctor to make sure the treatment is right for you.
• Salt room is not recommended if you have a fever, viral infections in acute, cancer and kidney disease, severe hypertension.